What is RCIA?
The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) is the process, established for the universal Church, for individuals to become Catholic and receive the sacraments of initiation - Baptism, Confirmation, and the Eucharist. This initiation process also involves a parish community experiencing a renewal in faith as it prepares and welcomes new members into the Church. The Rite speaks of conversion as a "spiritual journey". Centered on fostering a deep relationship with Jesus and the Church He founded, this journey takes place through distinct stages over a period of time suitable to bring about a thorough catechesis, significant experience of the parish community, and commitment to the liturgical and moral life of the Catholic faithful.
Who is RCIA for?
Adults 18 years and older:
- Persons in need of the Sacrament of Baptism:
- Persons baptized in another Christian tradition who desire to become Catholic.
- Persons baptized Catholic and desire the completion of their sacraments - First Communion and/or Confirmation.
- Persons interested in learning more about the Catholic Faith.
- All are welcome!
Classes begin Wednesday, August 23, 2017 and continue to meet Wednesdays from 6:30pm - 8:00pm. Cost is $50/pp for materials. Registration is by appointment beginning immediately prior to the first day of class. Deadline to register is August 23, 2017..
The RCIA team looks forward to helping you with your journey with Jesus Christ and the Catholic Church. Please leave a message for Deacon Charles Gallegos at the office at: (520) 623-6351 x101.
The following documents must be presented at your interview:
- A Certified Birth Certificate for those seeking Baptism.
- A current dated Baptismal Certificate for those seeking additional Sacraments.
- For those to be Baptized or Confirmed, they will need a sponsor who has been Confirmed in the Catholic Church and is practicing the Catholic faith along with a copy of their Confirmation Certificate.