Congratulations on your beautiful baby. We are excited to be a part of your child’s baptism.
Because this is a special day in your child’s life and yours we have some guidelines that are required by the Catholic church. These requirements are necessary to ensure your child has a wonderful baptism and a life long journey as a new member of the Catholic faith.
Thank you for your patience and commitment to your Catholic faith.
|Español a la 1:30 pm:
||English at 1:30 pm
- Certified Birth Certificate of Child you want baptized (Must be Certified Copy).
All Godparents must be able to prove the following:
- If Single, Sponsors must have the Sacrament of Confirmation.
- If married to each other or to someone else, Sponsors must be married through the Catholic Church.
- If you are going to have a couple as the Godparents it MUST BE A MAN AND A WOMAN. They do not need to be married to each other. It CANNOT be two men or two women. You can, however, have 1 man or 1 woman as the Godparent, it does not have to be a married couple. You are only allowed one couple as the Godparents, any others will be considered Christian witnesses, and will not be put on Baptism Certificate.
- $50.00 per child-must be paid before date of baptism.
- NO PRIVATE BAPTISMS ARE BEING ACCEPTED AT THIS TIME.
Parents and Godparents are required to take the pre-baptismal class that is offered by the Cathedral the Saturday night before the date of the baptism, at 7 p.m. in the Church (unless you can present documentation of a previous class taken within the last two years of the current baptism).
ALL PAPERWORK MUST BE SUBMITTED PRIOR TO ESTABLISHING A DATE FOR THE BAPTISM.
Any other questions that you may have can be answered by the Rector, or the Parochial Vicar at 623-6351.